ECO LUXURY IN BALI, INDONESIA
mu bali is one of those places you check-in to and immediately wish you were staying longer. tucked away in its own tropical paradise, you have have everything you could ever need on their grounds. the property sits atop a cliff overlooking the famous impossibles surf break and is a 10 minute walk to beach bars [bingin], seafood restaurants and a dip in the ocean or surf. you feel completely secluded, far away from 'normal life' but embraced by the freedom of an island scooter ride or short walk down the beach. the private complex is equipped with thatched roof bungalows, each unique and consistent in their design, with a high level of detail on building with eco-friendly natural, organic and recycled materials. every detail is accounted for and we really struggled to find any flaws as this resort flows so naturally, making it an easy transition into island time.
plan your trip around staying here and everything else will fall into place. it's in a great part of the island with plenty to do, eat and see but if you are like us, you will struggle to find a reason to leave this little oasis.
WHAT WE LOVED:
- THE FOOD: breakfast is included [and it's delicious], lunch is healthy and served pool-side, and dinner is family style at the communal table which makes for a fun way to interact with the guests
- THE POOL: with a view over the ocean, we found ourselves parked here most of the day, interchanging fresh juices and bintangs. *just make sure to watch your belongings, the local monkeys will snatch up just about anything. that being said, they're pretty cute and it was a really fun experience to see them walking around the property
- YOGA: with an outdoor studio, you have a view and smell of the ocean the entire time. the teachers staffed here are some of the best and it's the best way to start your day
- OPEN-CONCEPT ROOMS: we loved falling asleep with a fresh breeze and waking up to the sounds of local birds, waves crashing and tropical smells
- THE SCOOTERS: the hotel offers scooters for rent ($5 a day) to bop around town - which is really fun and the most recommended way to get around
HEADING TO BALI? HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
- WHERE: bingin, bali - southern tip of the island
- HOW TO GET THERE: ~1 hour ride from the airport by taxi ($25-$30)
- PRICE PER NIGHT: $130-$200 per night for 2, or an 8 person villa for $550
- ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE: surf, yoga, spa, dive and snorkeling, temple visits, R&R
MORE PHOTOS FROM OUR VILLA, SIRENA
* this stay was part of a collaboration, all opinions are my own.
the swimsuit i'm wearing is sold out, but here are a few similar ones: