last weekend we headed up north for a *surprise* trip to celebrate being together for 5 years [and being married for 5 months]. we often only go as far as sonoma when heading to wine country – it was so fun to see a side we've never really explored before. we spent the weekend mostly in calistoga with stops in napa, and it was ridiculous – the combo of mountains and wine country! i cannot wait to get back up there this summer for a friend's wedding at the crazy cool calistoga ranch– so much more exploring to do.
some favorites from this day include:
- pit stop at ernie's tin bar in petaluma for cider & beer
- oysters at hog island inside the oxbow public market followed by dinner at solage
- breakfast the next morning at cafe sarafornia
- mud baths and hotsprings at indian springs resort | this place is truly heaven if you're looking for a splurge
- lunch [the smoked salmon bagel was insane] at sams social club
more on wine tasting and our campsite in bothe napa-valley state park.