a few months back we had just wrapped up bay to breakers and were wandering the inner richmond looking for food. burma superstar is a restaurant i've always heard/read about, but never really thought to go to. when we saw the crowds gathering out front we said why the hell not and put our name down. while we waited 45+ minutes for a table we browsed seedstore [a very cool men/women shop] and had a drink at the bitter end right down the street. this neighborhood has so much more than i ever realized. when we finally sat down for dinner we ordered beers and let the server take control. this place is crazy delicious and now i understand all the hype!
- try to get there right when they open [5pm]
- wander clement street while you wait for a table
- if the wait is too painfully long, their smaller sister restaurant right down the road is almost as good
- start with the tea leaf salad and platha dip
- consult the staff: our waiter ordered for us and everything was delicious