biking over the GGB is something tourists do every.single.day here in sf [weather pending] and i haven't done it since i moved here back in 2010. if you can avoid some of the madness that is inevitable with something like this, it's really quite fun. a few tips to surviving:
- stop for sugar and coffee before crossing the bridge, because hills are coming! dynamo donuts in the marina is one of my favs
- beware of crazy tourists – there are so many people snapping photos with selfie sticks and not riding their bikes properly that it's legit dangerous
- skip the first strip in sausalito – it is super cute and quaint, but the great restaurants are on the other side [in my opinion]. some of my favorites are: le garage, fish and bar bocce.
- take the ferry home – biking up the never ending hill you just flew down to get into sausalito will probably ruin your buzz
- if you don't want to go to sausalito – some other fun stops are cavallo point or rodeo beach