hello! when we returned to the US this summer, i made the decision to take a break from blogging and just live in the moment for a bit. now somehow we're all the way after christmas and i find myself missing this little creative outlet of mine –so, i'm back and will start with finishing up about our time spent in colombia ;)
with eternal springtime weather (almost reminded me of SF) and a more "town"ish feel than bogota, are a few reasons why so many gringo expats end up gravitating to this cool city. it's also known as one of the most organized and "developed" of the colombian cities, getting a lot of attention because of their green-living initiatives. it's a friendly, vibrant and scenically unique city to spend a couple nights in. i'd also look into taking classes (we almost did a few weeks here but ran out of time) ... if you end up making the trip, here are some of our favorites:
- spain park library library and cool urban public space
- plaza botero colombian famous artist Botero's huge statues in a public square
- joaquín antonio uribe botanical garden
- metrocable take it for panoramic views over the city – beautiful!
- memory house museum solemn museum with exhibitions offering different perspectives of colombian wars & armed conflicts.
- lleras park to start a stroll of the fancy and bustling poblado neighborhood
- atanasio girardot stadium catch a soccer game here!
- criminal taqueria tasty tacos and beer with only street seating. loved this place
- clandestino awesome cocktails in a small cozy space, next door to criminal taqueria
- lo exquisito del mar authentic neighborhood seafood spot
- bigote's head here less for the food, but more to hang with the locals - students and transplants in the streets with drum beats and the best of vibes
- pergamino for hipster high end coffee shop experience - pretty cool though
- OCI.mde go here for dinner
- burdo another fun spot for festive drinks and good food in poblado
- bar atlenal og bar, far south but for soccer games and history looks so rad -
- restaurante herbario for one of the best high end dining experiences (at a fraction of the cost)
Y O U M I G H T A L S O L I K E