WHERE TO STAY IN VIENNA | grätzlhotel
our stay in vienna was a unique one, in a hotel concept that i've never really seen before [and love]. the grätzlhotel is not a true "hotel" rather individual suites located all over the city in former business premises and storage areas... the coolest part, their original use is still reflected in an elegant but modern way. we stayed in the meidlinger markt neighborhood, in what used to be a book store front. i love how they preserved the little reading nook and bookshelves. for travelers that prefer luxury, but also want to be embedded into a city's culture – this is an experience that will be hard to replicate and make your stay in vienna feel like a home away from home.
WHAT WE LOVED:
- the room was clean, spacious, cozy, well designed and equipped with a mini kitchen
- each guest has free use of bikes, right outside your room! but it was a bit too cold for this during our stay...
- the outdoor table/chairs to sip morning coffee [which the room is stocked with]
- the location is near an awesome breakfast cafe [milchbart], weekend farmer's market & legit schnitzel spot
- the subway is 5 minutes walking to the U-4 line, from there it is easy to get anywhere in vienna
- the shower, kitchenette and bed were all extremely comfortable – we found ourselves spending more time in our room than we had originally planned
* this stay was part of a collaboration, all opinions are my own.