so, recently i've tried to become a vegetarian [while also trying to be vegan as much as possible, but cheese and fish find their way into my life sometimes]. my mom is a vegan and i watched two documentaries that completely sold me: cowspiricy and forks over knives. i highly recommend both.
to be honest, the diet shift feels so good and gets me excited for change. i thought i would start sharing some of my favorite resources and recipes here for those of you who might be interested. starting of with my new morning routine, this perfect smoothie.
- 1 banana, peeled [frozen gives a nice chill to the smoothie]
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) mango [i also substitute this for pineapple to mix it up]
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup [or big handful] spinach
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk or homemade cashew milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice [about half a lime]
- optional: 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
place all smoothie ingredients in your blender and blend till very smooth and creamy. this recipe is from the food 52 vegan cookbook with a few tweaks. another great vegan cookbook can be found here. cheers.